Joe Vandenack has been representing clients in an Of Counsel capacity at Vandenack Weaver since 2011. His work with the firm is a reunion of sorts between Joe and his sister, Mary Vandenack. Both worked together previously in the firm founded by their father, Roger H. Vandenack.
Vandenack brings more than 30 years of legal experience to his role as Of Counsel to the firm. His experience includes time as a partner in a law firm and as in-house counsel for a closely held group of corporations. Joe has served on the boards of directors for both for-profit and non profit corporations. He was Chairman of the Business Law Section of the Nebraska State Bar Association for five years. Vandenack has significant experience in tax, employee benefits, business transactions, and estate planning. His overall knowledge of many areas of the law and his business background are valuable assets to clients.
Joe Vandenack is a summa cum laude graduate of Creighton University. He received his Bachelor of Science in Business Administration in 1983. Joe received his law degree with high distinction from the Creighton University School of Law in 1985.
Joe is active in his community. He volunteers with the Yutan Volunteer Fire Department as an Emergency Medical Technician, Firefighter and Rescue Diver. Vandenack teaches Ice Rescue to Nebraska firefighters through Dive Rescue International. In addition, Joe is a member of the Yutan Public Schools Board of Education. He is also Vice President of the Yutan Public Schools Foundation and Treasurer for the Softball Division of Yutan Youth Activities Inc. Joe has spent many years coaching youth basketball, softball and baseball
- J.D. with high distinction, Creighton University School of Law, 1985
- B.S. in Business Administration summa cum laude, Creighton University, 1983
- American Bar Association
- Business Law Section Member
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- Chairman of the Business Law Section, 2002–2007
- Nebraska, 1985
- U.S. Tax Court, 2000
Community Memberships, Organizations and Activities
- Emergency Medical Technician-Basic, State of Nebraska 2001- present
- Ice Rescue Instructor, Dive Rescue International, 2003 – present
- Yutan Volunteer Fire Department, Yutan, Nebraska
- Member, 1998 – present
- President, 1999 – present
- Ralston Volunteer Fire & Rescue Inc., Ralston, Nebraska
- Emergency Response Dive Team Member, 1999 –2005
- Dive Team Training Officer, 2003 – 2005
- Boys Town Volunteer Fire Department, Boys Town, Nebraska
- Emergency Response Dive Team Member, 1998 – 1999
- Yutan Public Schools Foundation
- Vice President, 2012 – present
- President, 2008 – 2012
- Vice President, 1996 – 2007
- Yutan Youth Activities Inc.
- Member of Board of Directors, 1996 – 2003
- Treasurer of the Softball Division, 2010 – present
Contact Joseph R. Vandenack