Welcome to Wednesday
Happy Wednesday! What a day to celebrate (at least, according to National Day Calendar). My message today offers you a few things to celebrate today:
To celebrate means to mark a special day, event, or holiday. Celebrations create opportunities for fun, amusement, and entertainment, which can help to reduce stress, tensions, anxieties, and other negative influences in our lives.
Intentionally seeking things to celebrate on a daily basis increases your sense of wellbeing and overall satisfaction. Finding or creating things to celebrate, even if they are minuscule or obscure, is a way of making a good life land creating memorable moments. Tom Mullins explains there are five benefits of celebration: it demonstrates that you value your team, it reinforces core organizational values, it builds team morale, it increases retention and productivity, and it is a great recruiting tool.
So what can we celebrate on Wednesday, June 7th, 2023? The National Day Calendar website offers several suggestions:
- World Caring Day – All acts of caring are important. Caring is continuous and contagious and happens everyday through compassion, support, kindness and understanding.
- World Food Safety Day – The goal being to inspire action to help prevent, detect, and manage food-borne risks.
- National Oklahoma Day – In 2017, National Day Calendar began celebrating each state in the order they entered the union. Oklahoma was the 46th state to be granted statehood on November 16, 1907.
- National VCR Day – Recognizes that the video cassette recorder, during its time, was a marvel of technology. [Okay, be honest – who does not know what a VCR is OR who still has a VCR?]
- National Boone Day – Commemorates the day frontiersman, Daniel Boone, first began exploring the valleys and forests of the Bluegrass State of Kentucky.
- National Running Day – Observed the first Wednesday in June, is a way for runners to affirm their passion for running and for beginners to make a life changing commitment.
- National Chocolate Ice Cream Day – [This would have to be my personal favorite!] This is self-explanatory and is pretty obvious how you would celebrate.
And if those aren’t enough things to celebrate, here are some suggestions of how you can celebrate everyday:
- Start your day with gratitude.
- Appreciate your accomplishments so far.
- Loosen up a bit.
- Celebrate small victories.
- Spend time doing things that you enjoy.
- Lend a helping hand.
Whatever you do, make the most of the opportunities around you and take time to celebrate the joy of living.
Bringing it Home
The Team at Vandenack Weaver Truhlsen wants you to be able to celebrate the satisfaction of knowing you are on the right path to attaining your present and future goals. When you engage the Team of Vandenack Weaver Truhlsen you will have many reasons and moments to celebrate.
So much to celebrate, so little time! Have a great rest of the week.