Parcel’s Post: Gales of Trivia
I let the cats go first last week due to always getting second place to dogs. I am an equal animal lover personally and definitely do not want to leave out dogs.
Dogs are known for their loyalty, intelligence, and playful personalities. But here are some trivia facts about dogs that you might not know:
- Dogs have a sense of smell that is 1,000 times more powerful than a human’s. This means that they can smell things that we can’t even imagine.
- Dogs can understand over 150 words and gestures, which is more than a 2-year-old child.
- Dogs come in all shapes and sizes, but the tallest dog on record was a Great Dane named Zeus who measured at 44 inches tall.
- Dogs have different nose prints, just like fingerprints. This means that no two dogs have the same nose prints, making them truly one-of-a-kind.
- Dogs are descendants of wolves and still have the same instincts. This means that if you’re ever lost in the wilderness, your dog is probably the best one to lead the way.
- Dogs can sense when their owners are coming home, even before they arrive. This is because they have an incredible sense of time and can tell when it’s time for their owner to come home.
- Dogs come in all colors, but the most common color for a dog is brown.
- The world’s smallest dog on record was a Yorkshire Terrier named Miracle Milly who measured at just 3.8 inches tall and weighed only 1 pound. That’s smaller than a bag of sugar!
So, next time you’re hanging out with your furry friend, impress them with your knowledge of dog trivia. Or, if your dog is not impressed, just remember that they’re probably too busy stopping to smell the flowers to care.
Up next a hint: I am feeling a little “space-y”.